Monday, December 5, 2011

Replacing Plastic and Wood Cutting Boards with Bamboo

About two years ago I replaced my wooden and plastic cutting boards and cooking utensils (spoons, spatulas, etc.) with bamboo.

Bamboo is a renewable resource, as it can be re-harvested in about a tenth of the time as managed woods. With bamboo, the possibility of plastics' chemicals leaching into food (from nicks and scratches, plus cooking heat) is moot.

In addition, bamboo contains some inherent antimicrobial properties not found in wood or plastic. (That being said, hand-washing with warm, soapy water is still necessary.)

I've read good things about the Totally Bamboo brand, which is what I use. Cutting boards are fairly priced, and, if cared for properly, will last a long time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a blog! I mean, you just have so much guts to go ahead and tell it like it is. Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man
produce table

Robert said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us. My pleasure to being here on your blog..I wanna come beck here for new post from your site. Best Log Splitter

Unknown said...

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing that look’s awesome.
Digital cutting services

cutting boards said...

These are great cutting boards! Thick and sturdy and very well made. I like the fact that three different sizes are included, and I use them all regularly. I was looking all over for nice bamboo cutting boards because I wanted to get rid of the plastic ones I had, and I'm glad I found these!

smileyeee95 said...

Nice blog! You have described in a nice way.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Digital cutting services